Front Office and Administrative Assistant
Founded in 1996, Lost Coast Communications is setting the standard for innovative radio and digital media in a small rural community. Nestled in the Victorian Village of Ferndale, California, we have received the National Association of Broadcasters Service to America Award, an Edward R Murrow Award for best radio documentary, and twice been a finalist for a Radio Mercury Award, and won, for best radio spot for a cause.
Our success comes from our superior production and service in combination with our deep commitment to Humboldt County. We are hyper-local, involved throughout the community, and dedicated to serving our listeners, our readers and our advertisers. We are proudly 100% locally owned and operated.
Our various properties include local radio stations KHUM, KWPT “The Point”, KSLuG, KLGE "The Lounge" as well as our news blogs Wild Rivers Outpost (wildrivers.lostcoastoutpost.com) & The Lost Coast Outpost (www.LostCoastOutpost.com) which has the highest web traffic of any website in Humboldt County history.
The Front Office and Administration Assistant position is a support position. The ability to multitask accurately in a fast-paced environment, problem solve, and work both within a team setting as well as solo is essential for success. The bulk of the job is data entry, social media content creation, and administrative support of the daily operations of the whole company. This position is in-person Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Assist in daily operations of 4 radio stations and an online news website.
● Data entry of orders for radio and digital advertising into industry specific software applications.
● Enter radio and digital ad copy into industry specific software applications.
● General office tasks such as collecting mail, filing, making copies, scanning documents, answering emails, etc.
● Answer office phone lines and provide accurate information and take complete messages.
● Greet and assist visitors in accordance with LCCi policy.
● Take payments.
● Run basic reports from industry traffic software.
● Assist in creating marketing materials.
● Assist in maintaining online databases and trackers.
● Assist in social media self-branding.
● Post classified listings for clients.
● Order office supplies.
● Run errands as needed.
● Voice scripts for promos and client commercials
● Filter PSA requests and create on air schedule and production orders.
● Assist in other duties and tasks as directed by Director Operations or General Manager.
● Great communication skills.
● 1+ year of office experience required.
● 2+ years data entry experience preferred, not required.
● High School Diploma.
● Attention to detail.
● Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
● Able to work comfortably in a team setting or alone.
● Self-motivated and self-starting.
● Strong work ethic.
● Excellent time management skills.
● Ability to meet hard deadlines daily.
● Reliable transportation for running errands.
● Willingness to learn and take direction.
● Quickly learning new skills and techniques.
● Great memory recall.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Proficient use of a Windows desktop computer.
● Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
● Proficient use of Google Gmail and Google Docs.
● Proficient use of Chrome internet browser.
● Positive attitude.
● Able to sit for long periods of time.
● Ability to use hands for typing and data entry.
● Ability to lift 50 lbs.
● Clean DMV record.
● Current Auto Insurance.
● Office equipment such as fax machine, scanner, office printer, multi-line phone system.
● Email functions include sending attachments, forwarding, and archiving emails.
● Online file sharing such as Google Drive and Google docs, Dropbox, ect.
● Social media platforms and use of these platforms.
● Broadcast media traffic experience preferred.
● CRM program
Wage: DOE $18-$21 per hour
How to Apply:
Email a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to
Lost Coast Communications, Inc is proudly an E.O.E.